xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: Getting the last word

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Getting the last word

That's a muzzle. In case you were wondering.
Which you probably were.
Facebook is evil. I don't know what it is about that place that brings out the worst behavior in people.  I've definitely been guilty of falling into that trap in the past, but lately I've been working really hard to not get involved in stupid fucking arguments that will never go anywhere and will only piss people off. Moreso.

The problem, though, is that I have a really hard time keeping quiet when there's something I want to say. I mean... I have a really hard time. Some people are able to just walk away when they know everybody is losing the argument, but me? Nope. I've never been able to keep my mouth shut, it's physically difficult for me to shut the hell up.

Lately, though, I've really been working on it. Because the truth is that very very rarely does anything productive ever come from a flame war and nobody's mind will ever be changed by a sarcastic quip. It also doesn't matter how strong my argument is because people's minds are already made up, no matter what the topic. They see me as their enemy and there's nothing I can say that will change that. So when I find myself in the middle of a flaming pile of Facebook shit I've been exercising that "unfollow" button and working really hard to just walk away.

But, I still have all these things I want to say.... So I figured, I'll say them here! And since they're totally out of context there won't be any fire to flame! IT'S BRILLIANT!!!

Okay... here we go....

  • So I guess you're planning on homeschooling, then?

  • Are you seriously mocking the pain of parents who have lost their children? What kind of a monster are you?

  • You spelled "I'm a fucking idiot" wrong

  • Oh, I see. Everything is about you.

  • *you're


OH GOD that felt good. Thank you, blog, for letting me get that out. :)